Meet Marshall, the "Hip Historian" of Arizona. Marshall is a local historian and researcher who is known for his in-depth knowledge of the history of Arizona and his unique, engaging approach to presenting it to his audience. Not only does he have a deep understanding of the traditional, well-known aspects of Arizona's history, but he is also able to share stories and interesting takes on the past, that many people weren't even aware of. With his passion for history and his cool, hip style, Marshall brings a fresh perspective to the look into Arizona's past.
- How long have you been involved in the scene in AZ?
- Where does nickname Hip Historian come from?
- What motivated you to pursue this particular interest?
- What was your very first experience like as an official historian in AZ?
- What are the most common misconceptions about Arizona history?
- What's the most interesting things about Arizona nobody knows about?
- How has the music scene evolved in Arizona
- Are there any notorious / nefarious stories about old music venues?
- What’s your favorite story you like to tell?
- Who are some of your favorite local music artists?
- Who do you think are some of the other legends around AZ?